Since July 1, 2018, the Electronic Complaints Book (Livro de Reclamações Eletrónico) has been made available to travel and tourism agencies, tourist enterprises and local accommodation establishments, allowing the reception and management of complaints received in electronic form.
- 2005 – Complaints Book – Hard Copy
With the publication of Decree-Law no. 156/2005, all economic operators started to use a single complaints book model and to comply with harmonized procedures.
- 2017 – Complaints Book in electronic format – 1st phase
Effective July 1, 2017 – For providers of Essential Public Services
The Electronic Complaints Book Platform for essential public service providers is operational.
- 2018 – Complaints Book in electronic format – 2nd phase IN PROGRESS
Between 1 July 2018 and 1 July 2019 – adaptation period – For all suppliers of goods and service providers
All suppliers of goods and service providers have a year to acquire the electronic complaints book, located and accessible to the consumer at www.livroreclamacoes.pt
ATTENTION: The electronic complaints book does not replace the hard copy, which must be accessible at the establishment (both are now required). The client chooses the format in which he files his complaint and can do so in the establishment where he is, or via Internet, at the platform made available for this purpose.
REGISTRATION ON PLATFORM
Economic operators must register on the platform, following these steps:
- Access the portal through the link www.livroreclamacoes.pt/enter and select the option “Register”
- Complete the form (identifying the ASAE as the regulator entity / inspector and selecting the activity sector)
- After submission, the access credentials (login and password) will be sent to the indicated email address
- On the platform, enter the credentials and “log in”, completing the registration process.
With the completed process the user will have access to the work area where received electronic complaints are managed.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE ECONOMIC OPERATOR IN THE SCOPE OF THE ELECTRONIC COMPLAINTS BOOK
When the client completes the electronic complaint in the Platform, the operator is automatically notified by e-mail. From the date of notification, the economic operator has an obligation, within 15 working days, to:
a) Respond to the client via e-mail indicated in the complaint, informing, when applicable, of the measures adopted towards resolution of the subject of the complaint;
b) Communicate to the ASAE the response sent to the client, referring to the complaint made, as well as other attachments deemed pertinent. As soon as the complaint is submitted in the platform, this complaint is also automatically sent to ASAE.
Suppliers of goods and service providers must disclose access to the Electronic Complaints Book Platform on their website, in a visible and prominent place. Those who do not have their own website, must have an electronic mail address for the purpose of receiving complaints submitted through the platform.
HOW AND WHERE TO GET THE ELECTRONIC COMPLAINTS BOOK
The Electronic Complaints Book (a single copy per operator, regardless of the number of permanent or fixed establishments registered, or online sales) can be purchased from the INCM, Imprensa Nacional Casa da Moeda in the online store, accessible after registration.
Economic operators who already have hard copy Complaints Book will be offered 25 complaint sheets in electronic form. By accessing the “Register of Purchases” option, it will be possible to check the stock of complaints, and a history of purchases made (online complaints books). In this menu the operator can also access the option “Buy online” where he will be directed to INCM’s online store to purchase new modules or products.
- The retail price of the 25-sheet electronic complaint book is € 9.88. The price of the book in physical format is € 19.76.
- Whenever the economic operator acquires a complaint book in physical form to the INCM, 25 complaint sheets in electronic form will be offered.
The electronic complaints book is available in the formats 25, 250, 500 and 1500 complaint sheets written in Portuguese and English.
- More information about the complaint book
- Information to the Economic Operator
- Instructions on how to register the Economic Operator on the Platform
- User manual